Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thing # 11


Wouldn't it be great if adding holdings was as easy as creating your personal library catalog!?
LibraryThing is a great site - so easy to use - what fun! - in no time at all you can add your favorite author's titles - find other titles that I probably would have ordered if it had been directly linked to Amazon's shopping service - such as the one shown here...
If you needed to create a list for insurance purposes this site would make it so easy!!
I added my beginnings of my library to my blog...
I am noticing that RSS logo everywhere now... goodness - how could you ever keep up with all of the possibilities?

5 comments:

LKP said...

I just finished the new Stephanie Plum book and I LOVED it! As always she makes me laugh out loud!!! Glad to find someone else who enjoys Janet Evanovich!

NDbound said...

I am hoping my sister got it read this weekend - we take turns buying those books - we feel that it is extravagant to purchase these in hardback -- but once you are hooked it is too hard to wait when a new one come out... this one was her turn to buy.... do you enjoy james patterson's women's murder club books - they aren't as funny - but every chapter is about 3 or 4 pages - so they are good busy women's reads!

Anonymous said...

I love James Patterson too for relaxing "trashy" reads because I hate romances.

I just read your thing 15 comment and that's funny that what we are learning right now, is already obsolete--kind of ironic because before this workshop, I thought I was a "techie"--NOTTTTTT!!!!!
I am proud, though, that I already knew what an avatar was (from video games and TV).
After reading some of the blogs that we had to read and seeing some of the staff development from other states, SBISD really needs to get "on the hump" and start training us to use these new computers of ours and get more tech savvy with our obviously "bored students"!

Grendel said...

We may not be able to depend on the district for all of our training anymore. We will have to go back to the 7 1/2 Habits and be responsible for our own learning! This kind of activity helps so much, though, in establishing a community of learners, doesn't it? :)

NDbound said...

Yep -- I need to check with my kids more often -- they keep up with technology WAY more than I do... I prefer to come home - water plants, walk the dog - esp. this year - being in charge of the school after school program helped financially but.. that 11 and a half hour day really took it's toll...