Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Thing #8

RSS can be misleading! -it might be really simple for some - but for others, like myself, it is not!
At least it is not simple - YET! --
I have created a Google Reader account - I found lots of sites to subscribe to... I was especially excited to find those orange symbols on the Houston Chronicle site... now I am linked to the local entertainment news, Leon Hale, and Dwight Silverman's Techno News! Who knows what may come of this! Will I have time to sit and read? We will see...
I can't say if I like it or not yet... I just set it up -- will get back on that one!
In my personal life or school life -- as I do not use the computer for news usually, I still subscribe to the paper and watch tv news in the morning - who knows... I may find that I can stop my Chronicle subscription and save money - that would be great! I would probably have withdrawls from the ink that is absorbed in my skin as I am used to reading the paper twice a day...
For library uses - I could link to state and national organizations that determine the latest changes in library science.

2 comments:

Grendel said...

I do read the newspaper online, but I still enjoy having the print copy in my hands while I drink a cup ot tea or coffee.

NDbound said...

nothing like it! - but that new Kindle gadget really looks intriguing! why not get each student one and just have amazon create one school account... each student could pick one or two to buy and donate and share... wonder when that will come.?