Monday, June 30, 2008

Thing #23

What an adventure... I learned terms, places and computer "things" that I never knew about... even now I don't "really" know all of these tools as well as I would like... but I had to go there... I had to try and now the ball is in my court.... will I go back and become efficient using all of these things..??.---
It is kind of like shopping in a new store.... you walk up and down the aisles - mentally inventorying what is there.... so when a need arises you know where to go and get what you need... I am not really shopping out there in the computer world right now... but, when school starts and I get opportunities to teach these things... I will return to my notebooks... (yes, like Big Red I kept a paper trail... for some of us we just need to keep notes that way... esp. with all of the usernames and passwords that we had to create.... come Aug. I might not remember)... and I don't want to loose my connections...
I wish that my cousins were into wikis - we could plan our reunion so much better... so when we meet I know one "thing" that we will be talking about!
The one aspect that has made this all possible for me was to find a teacher partner to meet together and try these things together... when frustrations were great we had each other to laugh about our failures and we had two brains to put together and plod through when times were tough...
it is amazing how much easier some things got with practice!! (always true!) this was better than taking a class... listening to someone tell you how to do something and then weeks or days later trying to remember the details...
I do find looking at other blogs very interesting... I always have questions about how they did things and where they found things... they are all so different... I like being able to 'comment" - or question - I like it when someone comments or questions my postings...
so my one phrase would be... find a partner and jump in the deep end together...

2 comments:

VWB said...

congratulations on reaching the finish line!

Grendel said...

You did it! Hurray for you! Now you can be off to ND with this project completed--for now! :)