Saturday, June 28, 2008

Thing #22

Hmm.... Nings are interesting -- kind of like big social Wikis - open to all --
I found a Barry Manilow fan ning - lots of school (college and high school) nings - and alumni ones...
We should have had one for our school's 40th anniversary... too late now...
The linked ones were very different... I signed in on the Texas School Librarians Ning - found Vaughn there so it felt comfortable to try.... The Elementary School Librarians site was fun to read...
instead of just finding Texas Librarians - there were librarians from around the world... problems exist everywhere and people to discuss them are out there if you look!!!

2 comments:

Grendel said...

It helps me a lot to see how others deal with the same concerns that I have. We are lucky to have Vaughn as our kickball captain. As you say, if she is participating, it will be good just because she is there! If you read other Thing #22 posts, you will see that some people have really good ideas about how to use nings -- things I had never thought of myself!

NDbound said...

exactly -- I didn't know what that term even meant when I started...
wonder if any of our schools will ever do one for alumni to post to..